Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Owl in Our Neighborhood

The other morning Paul mentioned that he thought that we had an owl in our neighborhood, he thought he had heard one while we were sleeping the night before. I thought that was pretty cool... till I heard the same owl later that DAY... odd. And I kept hearing it ALL DAY LONG at very predictable intervals... Turns out my neighbor has a fake owl sitting on her porch that turns its head and hoots all day long.

Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo... 2 second pause... hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo... 6 second pause.... hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo... 10 second pause. Repeat 1000 times = a recipe for driving me CRAZY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie, I had to comment on this one... so I had a roommate in the Lima, Peru MTC that had this alarm clock that made rooster sounds. The problem was that it made rooster sounds all the time, not just as the alarm. Every hour on the hour it would play this loud electronic recording of a rooster crowing as many times as it was the hour. This included the middle of the night. Imagine four electronic rooster noises followed by, "SON LAS CUATRO DE LA MANANA" at four in the morning. It was the worst!
-Josh

Hilary said...

this is so funny... ( as is Josh's comment!)