We got there early so we had time to stop by our favorite Nauvoo bakery (did I mention we spent 3 days in a town of 1100 so we got to know the local shops quite well) for doughnuts and a sandwich. Then went to the temple... I LOVE the Nauvoo temple. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! P.S. It was a beautifuly day... it was 67degrees as we headed into the temple. BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a nice change from our lovely mid-west winter.
After the temple we stopped by the house of the couple that saved us for a quick chat and headed on home, once again no mishaps.
This morning Paul and I took a little drive down to the Mississippi to look at the bald eagles. Apparently they spend the winter along the river, right next to downtown Davenport. Initially it was rather disappointing, didn't see a thin. But finally we saw one in a tree... it flew away... that's it in the middle. Funny thing about this picture, I took it right after almost biffing it in the mud trying to chase the poor eagle down.
Then we saw these after we drove down another road... pretty darn sweet eh?
2 comments:
Sounds like a great getaway! Glad it was a smoother trip this time!
We are heading down this weekend with my sis and her hubby! It is going to be amazing!!!
I love seeing the eagles! So amazing!
Post a Comment