Disneyland!
Pardon my ugly pregnant looking outfit... it was really cute in my mind when I put it on... without the shoes, flip flops made it way cuter I promise! But I'm glad Paul talked sense into me and had me put real shoes on, I would have been in agony otherwise!
Anyhow enough commentary on my clothing... Disneyland was day 2. It was my first time there and it was pretty darn fun. But I really can't imagine spending more than a day or two there. I think I would go batty! We rode all the important rides... Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Carribbean (boring!), Haunted Mansion. Ate at pinapple whip at the Dole stand (DELICIOUS thanks for recommending it Hil!) and ate at the restaraunt inside the Pirates of the Carribbean... also quite delicious... and quite expensive. But Paul LOVED it! It was his favorite meal of his life and he would willingly go back to Disneyland just for the food there. (Talk about rave reviews!) Here we are eating...
We deliberately avoided the areas with characters... bah humbug aren't we! But my friend at work really really wanted me to get a picture with or of Eeyore. But after waiting in line for an hour and a half for Splash Mountain we weren't about to stand in line for a picture with Eeyore... so this is as close as we got :)
Then we crossed the street and went to California Adventure... which I think I preferred. It could have had to do with shorter lines and our finally figuring out the QuickPass thing. We went in the middle of the Main Street Parade, meaning shorter lines for us!
We loved California Screamin (super fast rollercoaster) and did some shoot you up in the air really fast ride... don't remember what it was called. And rode the twirly ferris wheel... someone took their seeing eye dog on that one... poor puppy!
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had tons of fun! We went to Disneyland over Spring Break! It really isn't the happiest place on earth when you have to stand in line for an hour and a half.
I laughed at your outfit description! Comfy should outweigh fashionable at DL, for sure.
I guess DL was fun for me because of seeing it through my kiddos... and *I* loved the princesses and other characters... Was it just the crowds that drove you battY? If so, you should go at a less crowded time. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment