Anyhow, a long toll-road and lots of traffic later we found ourselves hunting for our hotel in downtown. People are CRAZY down there. Drivers, pedestrians... all CRAZY! So glad to finally park our car (for a mere $32) and start walking. We first got ourselves a genuine Chicago-style hotdog. They are described as having been "drug through the garded" they have pickles, tomatoe, onion and NO ketchup, apparently ketchup ruins the flavor.
We then walked to the Sears tower (tallest building in the US), payed a ridiculous amount of money to ride to the top and look around, but it was pretty cool. On a clear day, which it was you can see over 50 miles!
Then we hooked up with Paul's aunt Leilani and Uncle CJ (who were in town from Tennessee for Uncle CJ's b-day) and went out for some authentic stuffed Chicago pizza at Giordano's on the Magnificent Mile. It was DELICIOUS and FILLING!
Oh yeah... that's right I have a black uncle.
Later we took a taxi, adventure for us... neither of us had ever done that, and did what you can only do in downtown Chicago, see a movie.
The next day we shopped around for a bit then drove out to the suburbs to see the Chicago Temple.
Then we went to Ikea... wonderland for me, torture for Paul. We really needed some chairs and finally got some! Hooray! Then we ate dinner at Paul's favorite the Cheesecake Factory and went home... oh yeah, after stopping at the outlet malls. It was super fun!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Paul! (which day is it? I"ve been meaning to ask your or just look up my dishwasher e-mail from last year! ;0) hee hee)
Your trip sounds fun and whirl-windy! (Windy, get it?) Sounds like some good eating, especiallY!
You'll have to post a picture of your chairs and your house decor!!!
this weekemd we were meeting some people camping for the first time and one guys name is denzil and ryan was really hoping he was black so he could have a black friend. he wasn't. he would think a black uncle would be even cooler!
happy birthday paul!
Out of all the "Big Cities" I've been too, Chicago was the craziest. One of our cab drivers literally almost hit and killed a bike rider. I really don't know how we didn't hear the scraping of the bike down the side of the cab it was that close. Also, we spotted the Rock and Roll McDonalds from the top of the Sears tower and decided to walk since it looked pretty close. Oops. Over two miles away. Oh well, it was a blast. Glad you guys had fun too! Oh yeah and watching a guy run laps in his office on like the 20th floor at midnight.
natalie! This is Lisl. Hello! I stalked you through your brother Jesse. Just had to see how you were doing and I'm so glad I found ya. How are you and your husband doing? How's pharmacy life?
Looks like chicago was fun. I am in tennessee, about 7 hours away from chicago. It looks like you're really happy. Good to see a pic of you after so long. It feels like ages, doesn't it?
Happy Birthday Uncle Paul! Chicago looks like so much fun, except the Hot Dog. That looks way nasty, but that's just me. I am not a fan of "Mystery Meat".
Are you guys coming home for Christmas??
Late happy b-day Paul. That hot dog looks so good!!!
Post a Comment