Hey Everybody, This is actually Paul; I know you've all been just craving a blog from me, so here I am. Just Kidding. Actually, Natalie has been really sick the past few days and while I've tried my best to take care of her, I've really only learned that I'm exceptionally good at getting her to fall asleep on the couch. This of course has left me a lot of time to both discover, and do, everything there is to discover and do in our humble little house... twice. Until now, I am pioneering new territory by trying something I never considered... BLOGGING!
So, I've decided to share with you our joy and excitement this halloween season. It all began when we got our dates mixed up early this week and we thought halloween was coming on Saturday. And so, you could imagine my concern when on thursday I heard what distinctly sounded like trick-or-treaters over at the neighbors house. I took a little peak through the blinds and saw kids in costumes with their parents... and sacks of candy, and I thought to myself, "what kind of two days before halloween activity is going on here?" So as they approached my door I did what came naturally, "I made sure the tv wasn't making any noise and I ran and hid in the bedroom. After all, I remember being a kid; I wasn't about to be that mean old pickle-juice drinker who opened the door and said, "Sorry kids, I don't have any candy..." or as they would interpret it, "I hate halloween, and I hate candy, and I hate sunlight and happiness." So I waited and waited and it turned out that they skipped our house... probably because the light wasn't on... dodged that bullet!
That of course doesn't solve the mystery of what were they doing out two days early? I didn't find out until the next morning that halloween was actually friday, and also that the city of Davenport, Iowa decided to change the laws of nature and make everyone trick or treat a day early so that everyone could attend a city parade on the real halloween. Weird huh? Either way, we missed it all, and so halloween didn't come this year for us... hopefully we'll be a little more attentive of these types of things come Thanksgiving and Christmas. Nobody warned us when we got married that we needed to make sure not to skip any major holidays... good thing we don't have kids yet or we'd be in some big trouble!
6 years ago
3 comments:
Drat! Sorry you're sick, Natalie!!!
I heard about "Beggars Night" in Iowa. That is weird! I kind of like the idea though.
Sorry you missed out!! You pickle-juice drinker!
get well soon Natalie!
Nice post. Where you ever in the scare people by jumping off our roof in KC? or was that just terry and jimmy? We saw two trick-or-treaters the whole night. I think everyone here didnt want to go out because it was raining
Sorry you are sick Natalia. That is so not fun! I do think that it is way weird that they changed the Holiday date for a parade. Good job blogging Paul, it is totally part of the job. Keeping us up to date on how you are all doing.
Post a Comment