Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Money makes me grouchy!



So today my wonderful proactive husband made an appointment for us to get pre-approved for a home mortgage. We've been doing a lot of TALKING about buying a house, but not a lot of DOING. It was amazing how as soon as he got off the phone and told me we needed our W2s, paystubs, and bank statements I got really really grouchy!

Anyways, ended up being a really good meeting and we both felt really good coming out of it. But it all goes to show this will likely not be a fun experience for me, considering that I was stressed just holding a folder with my financial story in it. I HATE MONEY!!!

p.s. if anyone has any homebuying tips send em our way. We are CLUELESS when it comes to this stuff. Especially considering my ability to run and hide when it comes to talking about money matters.

6 comments:

rychelle said...

I have never bought a house...but I do watch HGTV....I might be able to paint a room...

Jenne said...

I am with you on the hate money thing. I think even more I hate student debt!!!!! Anyhoo we are just starting the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace thing. I think it will be really valuable once we are in full swing.

Becky said...

If I can do it by myself, anyone can do it! Go to the library or book store and get books on buying a house and do lots of research. Make sure you trust your lender and realtor and don't feel bad finding a new one if they are sketchy. Oh and "fixer-uppers" aren't nearly as fun as they sound.

jen said...

I agree with the fixer upper comment for sure. But also, always trust your instinct and listen to that still small voice because it saved us from making a huge mistake before we bought our now home. good luck, keep us posted!

Becky said...

I miss my home! It was wonderful! Just be patient. I agree, listen to your gut feelings. You will know what is right for you guys! Owning a home is amazing and a blessing! And a big responsibility! Take your time and find one that is right for you!

Laura Howe said...

I agree that money is stupid and causes way too much stress. THe only advice I can give is get a realtor and lender that you completely trust. Someone that will make you fell comfortable and someone that doesn't make you feel rushed. it's all about you and that is how you should feel. Thats all, don't ask me about money, I have no idea (I'm married to an accountant, I'll let him do it)