I'm sitting here alone at work for the next 3 hours and realizing that we haven't blogged in a L O N G T I M E!!! We've been busy, what can I say. So here's a quick update on what we've been doing since Paul turned brown...
We are now proud first time home owners!!! We moved out of our lovely rental and are now enjoying the bliss that is homeownership... realizing that we never thought about having to buy a hose or toilet seats or dealing with wood curtain rods that were NOT designed to hold up my wardrobe. I'm lovin' my purple countertops, actually we try to scratch them so we have NO excuses to hold onto them for any longer than necessary. I'm having fun picking paint colors, kitchen cupboard and drawer hardware, buying my first real couch (our last set was a dumpster find...shhh don't tell the many people who have sat on them for the past 7 years... he he!)
The day of the main move I got sick, really really ucky sick. My muscles ached, couldn't talk, couldn't sleep cuz I was coughing so much.... therefore I was a BIG help in the moving process. And it meanth that our house was in DISARAY... I didn't know where anything was, nothing got unpacked, total chaos which I HATE! Then I got Paul sick, he wasn't quite as bad, but he tends to get a lingering cough which has been bugging him for a while now. It was convenient that we were coughing on the plane trip we took... people don't seem to sit by coughers, can you say swine flu paranoia? We got a whole row to ourselves the way back... LOVED IT!
We travelled 18 hours total to go see my WHOLE family in Idaho Falls. 3 hours to Chicago, 3 hour flight Chicago to Salt Lake, 3 hours Salt Lake to Idaho Falls... then repeat in reverse. My little brother went through the temple for the first time and we all got to be there and see him for the last time (for some of us) before he goes on his mission to Wisconsin. It was awesome to see everyone and see how much the kids have grown, I miss my family tons out here in Iowa!!! And paul and i got to dink around temple square for a while while we waited for our plane to leave. It was sooo pretty with everything in bloom, they had a beautiful bed of tulips and poppies that I LOVED!! 2 of my favorite flowers!
Now we're back to normal life. Working, trying to unpack and make my house a home, trying to get back into the workout routine which was ruined by moving/being sick. Turns out it really stinks to run outside in hot/humid weather... mental note to self. Paul's undertaking the task of finishing our basement family room. He's a bit intimidated by it, having never done it before but he's finding lots of people with knowledge and skills to share, so it should be fine(?) keep the finger crossed for smooth sailing. I'm planning out my painting projects and wanting to plant a garden... I may have to kick out our bunny friends that like to hang out in our backyard and are SO cute.
That's us in a nutshell. I'll try to come back and edit with some pictures later.
6 years ago
7 comments:
Hey, this is Curly Hair Days. Can't wait to come over. Call me if you want any help. Haven't seen you in forever. And stop being less active!
I am happy you are all better! I totally want you to paint!! I have evenings off. PUT ME TO WORK! I would love to help. Plus...we could make stuff, if needed!
When are you going to make the long trip back to Spokane?
Yes, pictures please, seeing as how I live SO far from you there is just no way in my busy schedule that I could find the time to drive ALL the way over there to see it in person.
And Paul,no it is not how all "us" women are, and that is actually not how all men are either. Alan actually likes it when I proof read his stuff, he asks for it. Maybe it's because he has already come to the realization that I am amazing and its MY opinion that counts, something you OBVIOUSLY have not learned.
And if you don't mind I'd like to end that with a..."Hmm"(said in a snooty girl power kind of way.)
;)
can't wait to see photos! (hint, hint)
and it was wonderful seeing you! ♥
Alan says you should focus on being a chiropractor and less about who your blog enemies are.
BTW I was laughing so hard when I read this I had to drag Alan over. I totally thought your first comment said "is this how all you girls are?" Instead of "Is this how it works for you too" So I pretty muxh got that all wrong, but I'm pretty proud of how we both handled it. We are true adults.
See ya.
OH MY GOODNESS!! I have been seriously wondering how to find you!! HUZZAH!! i'm so glad you stalked my blog and i can't wait to get caught up! i was just talking to my mom and saying how i miss being in touch with you. BOOYAH!
Post a Comment