
Hi everyone, its me Paul. So I got a phone call the other night from a friend who was watching American Idol. He said that during one of the songs while this guy named Anoop (seen in the picture above) was singing, my friend's 3 and a half year old daughter was dancing to the music when she suddenly stopped and looked at her Dad with a confused face, and asked, "is that Paul...?" Aren't kids awesome? I suppose, that this Anoop character doesn't only have similar skin and hair color to mine, but also some pretty awesome eyebrows too huh?
It reminded me of a time on my mission when we were eating with a family and one of their little girls looked up at her Mom and curiously stated, "Mom, that missionary has darker skin than that missionary." It was pretty awesome. Having brown skin has definitely provided some funny experiences in my life that make being a little different, worth it. The girl's Mom looked embarrassed but quickly answered her daughter with... "Isn't it beautiful!!!"
One more funny story... Another time on my mission we went to a house for dinner and as we walked up to the table I saw everything all set up for us to throw together our own taco salads. As I sat down, the Mother that prepared the meal looked at me and then gasped as she said something along the lines of, "Oh no! I should have made something else; this probably won't compare to the mexican food your Mom makes back home." This of course was hilarious, seeing as how my Mom is as white as can be, and my Dad is Hawaiian/Filipino, which of course makes me... 100 percent Mexican right? lol, good times.
10 comments:
Thank you I needed at good laugh! Speaking of filipino, my sister-in-law was here and we went to a restaraunt and they made me try this beefy "stew" like thing. Well it was beef floating in pigs blood come to find out. My sister in law ordered fried hog ears, no joke. So it is a good thing that lady didn't make those for you...
I, having the whitest skin EVER!!! Always wanted to marry someone with darker skin...Well, Adam is tan and is part native, so I thought, SWEET, my kids will have a chance. They didn't...I have two WHITE kids. They don't have a chance. I hope future children can get some of their daddy's supposed "dominant" genes.
its that darn last name i tell ya...you don't know me, but i know your brother aaron (and your wife, of course) and he's always telling stories about how people think he's mexican because of your last name. sorry man, but it does make for some writing moments.
Ok...it's uncanny.
And I'm in love with HP, my HP buddy, if you ever want to come over for some HP you so totally can. Sorry I didn't have any HP for you tonight, maybe next time you guys can bring the HP. ;0)
P.S. You are officially AWESOME, you have been added.
And Paul, I'm pretty sure you are 100% Mexican.
funny, funny!!!
Wait.....we're NOT MEXICAN?!?!? Haha -this reminds me of the time I had a substitute teacher in Greenfield - and he was yelling at me in spanish the entire class!! The whole time I was just like, "I don't understand spanish - I have no idea what you're saying!" After class was over, everyone was cracking up - I asked what he was saying in spanish, and he was yelling stuff like "I'm not stupid! I know you're hispanic and I know you understand what I'm saying! blah blah bla" ...hahaha, good times.
CAN'T.... STOP..... LAUGHING!!!!! STILL!!!
Ok, my whitest girl friend married a wonderful dark brother. All her kids are fair and her oldest daughter feel bad and is hoping their new baby will have darker skin so "Daddy won't feel bad!". Kids are halarious! So are adults!
PS Thanks for not playing the piano for us! hahaha!
Cindy just told me a story the other day - where she was talking to someone in Aaron and Julies ward. Cindy said, "I still can't believe Jacob came out blonde haired and blue eyed." the girl she was talking with replied, "I know! Especially since Aaron and Julie both have hispanic backgrounds." Hahahaha - Cindy didn't say anything - she just tried not to laugh.
dude thats awesome!!! You still down for the get together at the end of June?
Post a Comment