Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!


Happy Birthday to my Mom!!! She's the most wonderful woman ever and has been an inspiration to me in so many ways. So I thought I'd list a few ways in which I am like my mother:

Obviously we don't look ANYTHING like each other... oh wait... we look a lot alike! And she's a pretty, pretty lady (not to brag) ;)

She's a pharmacist, just like me! She went back to school when she was 38 with 4 children and had a 5th while she was in pharmacy school. She managed to graduate with honors, which I did NOT do. AMAZING!!!

She and I sound alike, talking voice and lauging. I LOVE her laugh!! I used to use her laugh to locate her at gatherings!

She is an excellent home decorator... I LOVE decorating and am so glad that I inherited that from her.

She was an amazing Primary Chorister, the kids loved her and she loved teaching them. While I don't do the singing thing, I also love teaching.

She makes amazing pies, especially cherry pies.... I spent one summer making a pie a week till I could almost equal her pies. Now I can make a pretty mean pie!

Her rolls are also amazing... they are still the only roll recipe I make to date. Not only the only recipe I make, but I roll them the way she always did too, although she frequently likes to tell me that "there ARE other ways to make rolls"

She LOVES a good bargain! Her weekly therapy has long been "yard-sale-ing". While I am too lazy to wake up to get good deals at yard sales, I can rarely force myself to pay full price for ANYTHING.

She has a beautiful yard... I don't have a yard yet, but I really want a beautiful one!

She has a funny habit of not correctly hearing what people say... what she thinks she hears are frequently hilarious! I don't necesarily hear things wrong, but I have fun thinking what could be mis-interpretted.

She did a wonderful job making holidays amazing for us as children. I love all of the traditions she and my dad established for us... I can't imagine the holidays any other way... I'm so excited to have a family and carry on those same traditions!

I love my Mom so much!!! Happy Birthday, MOM!!!

5 comments:

mom said...

Thank you ,Natalie, you are too kind. I love you tons, Love, Mom

rychelle said...

You two do look alike!! And she must be really cool, because I think you are SUPER coo1!

tara said...

i also wanted to comment on the look-alikeness. dang, its crazy! happy birthday to your mom and good luck with your new house

ps can you come decorate mine?

Hilary said...

You look eerily alike in that photo! So what do I think when people tell me I look like my Mom. I don't think you and I look alike? ( ) and | |
you know.

Your post is sweet... she is an amazing mom.

Becky said...

Oh, Mom's are awesome! And yours sounds super-awesome!
You will have to share some stories of awesome stuff your mom did for holidays! I am always looking for that!!!