Friday, January 16, 2009

Holy Freezing Batman!


When we moved here everyone went on and on about how bitterly cold it gets here in the winter. Thus far haven't been too impressed, but yesterday.... holy cow! Our high temp was a balmy -8 degrees with our low being -25. OUCH! It hurt to breath, your nose hairs stuck together (I call that booger freezing cold) and steam was coming out of the sewers and off the river like crazy!

I had to work late last night and was having an awful time convincing myself that I wanted to leave. In fact there's this big project I need to do and I was telling myself that I should spend the night and do the project... that way I wouldn't have to go outside... and sit in my FREEZING car! But my awesome hubby showed up about 10 minutes before I closed and said "i'm here to be your remote start" seriously the greatest thing ever! I had a nice warm car to go to!!!

As a side note... Paul would like me to mention that if you include the windchill factor it was over 100 degrees hotter in SanJose CA, where the other Palmer campus is that he wanted to go to, but that I wouldn't let him. sigh... makes me want to rethink being to scared to study for the CA pharmacy boards.

BRRRRR!!!!!!!! Ok Iowa... I give in. I'm impressed!

5 comments:

rychelle said...

Every said this to us as well, and I didn't quite buy it!!! Holy cap it is COLD. I checked the weather and it was -26* this mornin!!

HOLY Freezing Batman is right!!

mini-wheats said...

Thats crazy cold! Ellen is the same way. She would rather choose any other school over a school in california. But I am just like paul and would much rather be in california than anywhere else........ I guess thats just what we are used to.

Becky said...

Our first winter here, too! I though people were kind of talking a little big. But then last week happened! I am frozen in shock!!! I am glad we made it through to the balmy 25 degrees today!
Tell him sorry about the 100 degree difference! I am glad you are here!

Becky said...

Drugs are ok at our house, too! Thanks for giving us drugs!!! My Emma's 2 ears thank you!

jm said...

Thats funny you mentioned "steam was coming out of the sewers" when I first saw that it made me think about Christmas Vacation when he was emptying the crapper. i wonder if it was as cold as it is here.... probably not!