Sunday, March 15, 2009

Disappointment....

So we made an offer on a house this past week, it wasn't exactly our DREAM home, but knowing that we're only going to be here 3&1/2 years, sticking to our house budget, and trying to get the TV/man room for Paul, this was the best one we found. Don't get me wrong... I liked it and knew that with my sweet design skills and my bowstaff skills (oh wait don't need those for home ownership... or do I?) I could make it mine. Yes it's a ranch, not my typical style (I like traditional older houses typically), but the location is amazing, it has beautiful hardwood floors, and a man room (OH did I mention sweet purple countertops?)



So we made an offer... and a counter-offer... and a counter-offer. And we still don't have a house, he wouldn't lower his price to one we wanted. Sad story. The saddest part is that Paul and I still drive by it almost daily. We have a home-designing sort of program on our computer and have designed and decorated the whole house... we're hoping he wakes up someday soon and realizes what an amazing offer we gave him and that he really wants to sell to us. Really.

3 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

Paul, I'm loving that you comment on my blog...man comments are the best.
Anywho, congrats on the one year marriage anni, that's a major accomplishment :)
I am sad for your home, Alan and I lost a house the day we were going to put in an offer, our Realtor called to put it in and they had already accepted another, sad story. I still drive by every so often to see what the owner has done to fix it up. I hope he comes to his senses too and you guys get your house. And I'm pretty sure Bowstaff skills are required when buying and fixing up a house.

Becky said...

Oh, man, sorry guys! I know that is hard! Hang in there, you are right, he may come to his senses!
Keep looking!

Hilary said...

man the things you learn when you never talk to your sister! Buying a house?! Wow! I'm sorry you didn't get it... but that is just part of buying your first house. We "fell in love" with so many houses.... Fun that you are using a program to decorate it in your imagination! LOL!