Monday, March 2, 2009

Faith in technology

Hi everyone,

This is Paul by the way. I just thought I'd share a little story. I don't know if any of you use a sonicare toothbrush, but they're pretty awesome, and they turn off automatically after two minutes! Well, the other day I was brushing my teeth, and for some reason my toothbrush forgot to turn off. I think I brushed for about five minutes before I realized what was going on. As a result, my teeth got really really clean. I just think its hilarious how much we trust technology sometimes. I've let myself become too lazy to tell my brain to pay attention to how long I brush my teeth... yeah... that's pretty lazy.

Then I got to thinking about my cell phone. I'm pretty sure I have two phone numbers memorized out of all the numbers programmed in my phone. That's ridiculous. I hardly even know how to drive anywhere besides school and church, because all I do when I need to go somewhere new, is follow the instructions on my phone. And so... if I lose my phone, I won't be able to call anyone I know, or be able to get to any of their homes... luckily though, it does work, so maybe I can use the stop watch function on my phone as a back up to the faulty timer on my toothbrush. That way I won't have to use my brain... because its sooo difficult! lol

5 comments:

Hilary said...

you're funny, Paul!

mini-wheats said...

We have a sonicare and I dont think I have ever brushed my teeth for 2 minutes yet. I think ill try it tonight. Its kind of like the lifesaver (say a prayer commitment). Can I get to the full two minutes? wait and see.....

Becky said...

Love it!!! There are days that I worry about that. So I started writting numbers down. Still, I know that I will be in big trouble if my phone goes down!

mini-wheats said...

Dude, it worked. I ran and told ellen afterwards about the miraculous things that our toothbrush can do and she replied "you didnt know that?" But I am not sure if i can stand brushing for that long though. Is that what dentists recommend? 2 minutes?

Dave Webster said...

Tia didn't know about the two minute thing either until I told her. Does no one read owner's manuals anymore?